Read More Here!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Modest Fashion Show: 1930's Polka

Hello everybody! Our county fair has finally come to a close, which means things are back to normal! Sigh, no more being at the fair every day for the last 12 days......

Anyway, I am super excited to be participating in the Modest Fashion show hosted by Through the Lilac Bushes and Simple Delights! Every other day, participants put together an outfit based on a specified theme. It's not too late to join, so be sure to check it out!


The theme for today is Polka Dots and Stripes. I decided to go with a polka dots outfit. 


I wore this outfit to church actually, as I was feeling very 1930's. 
The dress is super comfortable, especially for a day of corralling little cousins in a church pew! :D
Special thanks to my dear brother, AJ, for taking the pictures!
Couldn't resist adding this adorable picture of Bangles! He is the sweetest cat....

Here's the rundown on the outfit:
Hat: Faneuil Hall, Boston.
Dress: Made by me from Butterick B5417
Shoes: Mardens, a discount department store.
Necklace: My signature choker necklace! I believe I bought it at a craft fair...

This was fun! Can't wait to be back and do another one. :) Other than these Modest Fashion Show posts, I also have some neat things planned.....more outfits, knitting, summer photos, and of course the October Reading List! Ta ta, everyone! Talk soon.

Thanks for reading! :)






5 comments:

  1. I like your vintage-y look! Isn't Mardens just the best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I've gotten the best deals there. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this outfit! It's absolutely adorable. The hat totally sets the dress off. Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I'm having a ton of fun with your fashion show!

      Delete
  3. The information in your blog is very informative. Keep up the good work. WLCI School of Fashion Technology offers various courses and programmers in Fashion Designing, Fashion Marketing & Merchandising, which are very interactive and prepares students for real fashion world.
    To Know More Information Visit:
    http://www.wlcifashion.in/

    ReplyDelete